re:Dreamer v0.6.0 by Dream Team Studio, Re: Dreamer is an adult gender bender visual novel game about an impossible phone game that turns its user Zach into a girl before they even start the tutorial. With an impish and unreliable in-game A.I. as their only lead on how to change back, can Zach follow the rules of this insanely predatory game to survive, or will they lose everything that made them a man in the process?
- With the help of some members in re:\Dreamer’s Discord (particularly THEREJECTDRAGON and Doofus), I re-redid Zoey’s measurements, and she’s now:
- Height: 160cm/5’3″ (unchanged)
- Weight: 50kg/110lbs (changed from 54kg/120lbs)
- 3 Sizes: 101cm/40″-58cm/23″-98cm/39″ (changed from 111cm/44″-66cm/26″-98cm/39″)
- Breasts: 101cm/40″ bust and 79cm/31″, making her 32H US, 32FF UK, 70K EU, and 80E JP/KR (changed from 111cm/44″ bust and 81cm/32″, making her 32K US, 32H UK, 70O EU, and 80I JP/KR)
- These numbers were based on the assumed measurements of model Ashley Tervort (37″-24″-35″) and the listed measurements of [email protected] SHINY COLORS’s Sakuya Shirase (height 175cm, weight 110lb, three sizes 91cm-58cm-87cm). Azur Lane’s Taihou would have been a preferred approximation but she doesn’t have official sizes to reference.
- No woman with the Zoey’s sizes is going to be able to find underwear that will fit her at a department store, so the Keisuke Day 2 mall scene has new content and edits to reflect that they are going to a specialty women’s underwear store and not a department store’s underwear section.
- Some of the mall backgrounds have been changed because I found better images on DLsite packs.
- Edits to the Keisuke Day 4 phone call between Zach and his mom to reflect the fact that Zach used her ATM card without permission to withdraw cash at the mall to buy his expensive specialty store female underwear.
- Slight edits to the Day 2 Morning scene where Ai and Keisuke meet each other for the first time.
- Very slight edits in so many places that I can’t even list all of them.
- Ambience tracks are now on their own separate audio track so that users have even more options for audio mixing. Would you believe it if I told you that I wrote the code for this and it just instantly worked? Seriously, there’s nothing scarier for a programmer than zero issues with your first attempt.
- A few C.H.E.A.T.S. variables have been renamed internally (“Aloofness” into “Aloof”, “Self_Esteem” into “SelfEsteem”) but no player even sees that so…
- In a similar vein, a lot of the Student Transfer code that I commented out has now just been deleted because I’m pretty sure I’m never going to use it.
- “Transexuality (Femininity)” has been renamed to “Trans” to better reflect that it affects both transsexual and transgender attributes.
- Autoplay Speed has been return to its pre-0.6.0 value of 8.0. I had accidentally double-defined it which caused it to default to 15.
- C.H.E.A.T.S. values are now persistent. re:\Dreamer remembers them from saves, loads, reloads, and rollbacks. Say goodbye to remaking the values; if you find one you like, the game remembers it until you change it.
- C.H.E.A.T.S. now has its own screen right on the title, full of what is probably way too much info about how the system works.
- Zach no longer sets C.H.E.A.T.S. variables (should you decide to do so) from in-game menus. Instead, the C.H.E.A.T.S. screen is called once to allow readers to adjust those values.
- The route select screen has been slightly overhauled. There’s the sale pitch for the Patreon below the route jumps, but the big thing is that you can now open the route flowchart image from in-game. Well, kinda. The game reads your OS and asks your default image to open the image instead, but it’s close enough.
- The fancy image buttons on the quick menu bar have been temporally reverted to plaintext buttons to reduce lag on the GUI. I’m sad to see them go but the way they were displayed caused too much lag to justify.
- The alpha-adjustment method for the adjustable GUI elements has been optimized a lot, only redrawing should the alpha opacity setting be changed.
- The fancy namebox effect where the speaker’s name changes the outline of the box and subtly fills the background in has been optimized a lot (those values have to be manually specified beforehand but the performance increase is huge). Shoutouts to Espeon for the good ideas here.
- The in-game choice menu has a fancy new blue to pink geometric gradient background (it’s almost exactly the same as the textbox background but don’t tell anyone I reused an asset).
- As stated above, lag on the in-game GUI has been heavily reduced.
- Heavy cuts to Britney writing after the “Just ask her to come to your room.” menu choice, but the cuts have largely been replaced with new content that is better and more concise (seriously, what is up with a lot of my earlier writing tapdancing around the point it is trying to get to?).
- The closet scene has been cut for now as it needs to either be replaced with something new or reworked so that Zach doesn’t do something as stupid as light a road flare inside of 13 sq ft enclosure.
- Edits to Britney writing after the “Try to tell her the details over text.” menu choice, as well as new content.
- Slight edits to the Keisuke shower sex scene.
- The usual slew of minor edits for stylistic consistency.
- T.E.A.C.H. has been replaced with C.H.E.A.T.S. Previously, ‘self_worth’ had been a separate variable originally meant for use exclusively in Keisuke’s route, but it’s been used like the T.E.A.C.H. stats for a while now, and this is a logical change that’s been a long time coming.
- Some of the C.H.E.A.T.S. variables have been renamed (“Horny” is now “Horniness”, “Emotion” is now “Emotionality”, “Autism” is now “Aloofness”, “Trans” is now “Transexuality (Femininity)”, and “Self-Worth” is now “Self-Esteem”). This doesn’t change how the variables function but helps to better explain what they mean.
- The personality quiz at the very start of the game has been slightly revamped to better explain what each variable affects.
- Extremely large swathes of borrowed Student Transfer code have been cut out of the game to drastically increase performance. Student Transfer goes for a complicated body swap system that uses character abstractions which re:/Dreamer has no need for.
- One of the biggest parts of this change is that re:/Dreamer no longer uses any of Student Transfer’s code to display images. That code was rather unoptimized, and layeredimage displays take their place.
- Every last cg and character sprite in the game (including the placeholders) has been redone and scaled with waifu2x to give them that extra bit of visual pop. It’s most noticeable on the Keisuke mall cg, masturbation, dream sex, and the mirror self-voyeurism.
- An Android-breaking bug with two of the shopping mall background images has been fixed (the JPEG files were encoded in an awful way that causes Android to have issues a PCs wouldn’t).
- An extremely minor issue with the bitmap font used during variations of the Keisuke mirror sex scene has been fixed so that Ren’Py’s error checker no longer yells at me for something that actually works.
- Outfits are no longer declared by hand with every scene change and are now a stored variable, which fixes two loose bugs. Why wasn’t I doing this in the first place?
- Britney’s old sprites are GONE; taking their place are Myumi’s new Britney.
- New Britney writing after the “Try to tell her the details over text.” menu choice.
- A big slew of Britney edits all around.
- Redid the way layeredimage sprites store character outfits since it was a bad idea to let it reset every scene. My playtesting and lint checking shows that I got everything, but if I didn’t, please let me know!
- Made a fancy new lex parser for standardized cps speeds independent of text tags.
- Standardized text sizes (somewhat).
- Redid the waifu2x ‘layeredimage’ scaling using ‘waifu2x-caffee with upresnet10’ as it gives more accurate colors than ‘waifu2x-ncnn-vulcan with upconv_7’ (likely due to no longer embedding an ICC profile into the new .PNG).
- Removed every last “show ryouichi” call to increase performance.
- Caught that I had accidentally scaled the shower hcg to 2K instead of 1080p (yay me for actually playtesting).
- Some very unfinished Ren’Py screens (gallery, sprite viewer, music room) have been commented out.
- Edits to the Ryouichi confrontation to show off Zach as more of a scared opportunist getting revenge than a master manipulator. Zach’s a lot shrewder than one might expect an autist of his caliber to be, but he’s not able to pull off a mind game on that level.
- Ryouichi’s sprite has been removed to prevent a potential legal issue from arising because unbeknownst to me until 2 weeks ago, the visual novel source of Ryouichi’s placeholder sprites received a commercial English release literally days after Ryouichi’s sprites were ripped for use in this game.
- Added a segment to Keisuke Day 2’s morning meeting between Zach, Keisuke, and Ai based on whether or not Zach had “therapy” with Ai on Day 1, and if so, what he answered. The scene has other edits elsewhere.
- There’s now a proper branch between Keisuke Day 3 Party and Keisuke Day 4 morning. The gap in story is still there, but at least you don’t have to access the jump menu to get to Day 4, and there’s a brief summary of the unwritten events that happened later that night.
- The content jump menu has been reworked for clarity and more options.
- Ai has been rebuilt from scratch with proper layered source files direct from her artist. The sprites had previously been delivered as .PNGs which required some rather imperfect Photoshop skills from myself to create the individual facial expression components, the flaws of which became overwhelmingly apparent after the game window size increase. These new parts are derived from the raw independent layers and look much cleaner.
- The Ai, Keisuke, shower sex HCG, and Zoey ‘layeredimage’ files have been rebuilt with downscaling via the waifu2x-ncnn-vulcan engine on the upconv_7 model. I had previously assumed that Lanzcos resampling algorithm would be sufficient for downscaling our very large source files to the size required by the game’s 1920×1080 window, but applying that method to Ai’s rebuilt ‘layeredimage’ files revealed noticeable anti-aliasing issues between her smaller facial components (such as her eyebrows) and the transparent pixels of the alpha channel that was not present with downscaled fully assembled sprites. Essentially, the pixels on these transparent edges were much sharper than they should have been when the image layers were assembled as a displayable within Ren’Py, waifu2x with a -1 denoise level produces more accurate scaling. But don’t tell Ai that, or she’ll try to take credit for an AI scaling engine producing better results.
- Zoey’s placeholder sprites have been rescaled to the projected size of TiltSHIFT’s Zoey sprites. Yes, she’s really that short (160cm/5’3″) compared to Keisuke (182cm/6’0″). But highlighting the height difference between her and Keisuke isn’t the reason for this adjustment; no, she has been resized in order to pair better with the size of Myumi’s Britney sprites. After some prodding, he has projected a date between December 4th and December 6th to complete the first pose of Britney’s sprites to the point that they can be used in-game (that means giving her a full set of expressions, her facial emotes, the casual and nude outfits, both her hairstyles, and her glasses). I know all you yuri fans out there have been lamenting Britney’s neglect for over 10 months, but she’s finally going to get new story content next update!
The continuation of Zoey’s first day of classes on the 5th day (Monday) of Keisuke’s route.
A few surprises. :^)
New Keiuske Day 4 content with Zoey going to her first day of classes.
Zoey’s sprites have been redone from being in Student Transfer’s custom method to Ren’Py’s propietary ‘layeredimage’ method.
Bug fixes, particularly for the Android version.
re: Dreamer’s first birthday!
A much better route select menu built into the main screen with fancy T.E.A.C.H. sliders.
The highly-requested Android version has arrived! Each release from now on will feature an Android build.
From now on, the route flowchart will be bundled with each release as a .png, and the route flowchart has been reworked for ease of use.
Keisuke Day 3 morning is finished.
Adds the start of Keisuke Day 4 morning, with Zach disguising himself as himself and going to his first class of the week. It also concludes the baths sex scene, simplifies the T.E.A.C.H. system, and changes a few details on the second half of Keisuke Day 2’s mall shopping trip.
Other changes to existing content:
Light polish all around.
- A morning-after scene with Zach and Keisuke.
- Fixes for Britney’s animations.
- Polish to the shower sex scenes.
Adds entirely new sprites for Keisuke and Ai. It also extends the shower HCG with new images (though the scene remains a work in progress).
Several sections of the introduction between Ai and Zach have been reworked for better clarity and/or quality. The most important of these are:
- Quests are no longer required daily events. Instead, certain mandatory quests with a limited window will appear from time to time, requiring Zach’s prompt action to complete.
- Losing the game no longer results in a player’s memory loss about rereamer. Now, only the discovery of an unauthorized player results in memory wiping.
- Zach’s “AGP Admission” is no longer a mandatory event in the “Ai Therapy” scene. Now, players can choose Zach’s response to Ai, all of which are affected by T.E.A.C.H. and previous choices.
- Spectators are now nigh-omnipresent in Status and will be tracking Zach’s activities much more closely than before.
- Sections have been “trimmed of their fat,” with many long-winded conversations either locked behind high Autism or removed altogether (with the goal being to start the game proper in less time).
Light polish in places.
Added a long Keisuke scenario where Zach and Keisuke shop for underwear and clothes at the mall.
Light polish in places.
Links up several branch stubs to the main route choice of choosing a friend to confide in. It also gives the game a proper intro (like a real VN), adds several new backgrounds we have the legal right to use, and a preliminary way to edit the T.E.A.C.H. variables.
- Edits to the introduction transformation scene and solo masturbation scene to make them hotter.
- Linking the stub endings to the main routes required some edits in places.
- Some old backgrounds got replaced in the change to the new ones.
Continues the large bathroom scene with Keisuke and adds our first custom-drawn HCG! It also fills in those nasty WIP gaps in the story.
- Ryouichi has been slightly rewritten to be “nicer.”
- The usual polish.
Keywords: Download re:Dreamer Win, Mac.