re:Dreamer v0.10.8 by Dream Team Studio, Re: Dreamer is an adult gender bender visual novel game about an impossible phone game that turns its user Zach into a girl before they even start the tutorial. With an impish and unreliable in-game A.I. as their only lead on how to change back, can Zach follow the rules of this insanely predatory game to survive, or will they lose everything that made them a man in the process?
Release Date: 2022-08-14
Developer: DreamTeamStudio Patreon
Censored: Mosaic on certain placeholder HCGs, though everything is planned to be uncensored
OS: Windows, Linux, Mac, Android
Length: 16.5 hours as of 0.10.0 (based on a roughly 205k word count within dialogue blocks and an average non-technical English reading speed of 200-250 words per minute)
Genre: Gender Bender, 2DCG, Male Protagonist, Female Protagonist, Mobile Game, Text Based, Censored, Big Tits, Creampie, Groping, Handjob, Lesbian, Masturbation, Oral Sex, Teasing, Transformation, Vaginal Sex, Virgin, School Setting
1. Extract and run.
1. Extract and install the APK.
- New writing with Zach in the theater meeting his crewmate and disassembling a theater set with him. Much like Zach’s gender identity, you have to tear something down before you can rebuild it. I’m pretty happy with the pace of this writing, even if I spent a bit too long on the audio design.
- I polished up a few of Zoey’s expressions in the post-transformation scene before Zach meets Ai to meet modern standards and added a few nice details.
- A few typo fixes in the theater introduction scene with Molly. I say “typos” but it was more refining the intentional Scottish typos that existed.
- Molly and Patrick O’Brien’s relationship has been clarified to “half-siblings.” I had mistakenly used “step siblings” before, not realizing that doesn’t give a blood relation.
- Made the text for the World Info entries 25% bigger as I got some complaints about the readability on smaller monitors.
- Fixed a broken animation in the intro sequence (Zach pulling himself off the floor) that a new version of Ren’Py broke.
- Fixed one of the sunglasses of the Causal C outfit in Pose B not working properly.
- Fixed Zoey’s teardrops being over her hair. He sweat drops have to go over her hair or else the drops on her cheek are covered up, but I never corrected for the tear drops needing the opposite.
- Something likely broke in the sprite viewer export with this same Ren’Py update or even earlier, but it’s fixed now.
- Espeon made the sprite viewer easier to use for Britney, Keisuke, and Ai.
- Some of Ai’s sprite code got changed in preparation of making her easier to work with. Also, she now has pink phone background options.
- Espeon has added the groundwork for a notification system for when your C.H.E.A.T.S. stats and a few other variables are checked. I haven’t added it into the game because I need to make the GUI for it, but it’s there.
v0.10.7 (created 06/26/2022) (Current Public):
- New writing with Britney introducing Zach to part of her theater department on Friday of Week 2.
- The text substitution system had a robust test with the names for the theater members. As Awkwardness increases, Zach buys more into Britney’s eccentric theater director’s nickname games.
- Britney, Keisuke, and Ai now work in the sprite viewer, although not quite to the insane detail of Zoey. Of the three, Britney has the most features.
- There’s a new casual outfit as a choice between it and the existing eggshell white turtleneck sweater and women’s jeans outfit for Zoey to wear as her “default” outfit in the Keisuke route. It looks really, really cool, and has options for a choker, bracelets, and several colors of sunglasses.
- There’s also a new compression bra outfit. It works so well that it’s less realistic than the entire premise of rereamer.
- I added a new variant of the tracksuit for the Zoey sprites I made based on the tracksuit from the placeholder Keisuke Mirror HCGs (I also added a related green version of the big hoodie and two new expressions by transposing them from CGs TiltSHIFT drew!)
- Finally got rid of the ICC profiles on the backgrounds and made the color depth 24 bits (meaning that there’s no alpha channel like a 32-bit image). I’m surprised it took me this long to remember to do that…
- Fixed the school colors reverting to default values inside the sprite viewer if no changes were saved.
- A few typo fixes here and there.
0.10.6 (created 06/11/2022) (Current Public):
- New Keisuke writing with more exercising, this time at the campus fitness center with stationary bicycles. Not to dislocate my shoulder patting myself on the back or anything, but I quite like the writing here and thought I did a few clever things with it.
- Espeon added a new system for text substitution based on variables like the C.H.E.A.T.S. stats that is a lot better than anything else I came up with. I didn’t get much of a chance to get into tinkering with it and adding all the stuff I want to it, but it is in the game in a few places.
- A sizable new Texas BBQ lunch date scene with Britney! This ended up being a lot longer than I expected at just under 6,500 words of dialogue, which should translate to about 26 minutes of reading. Unlike a number of the previous updates, this one focuses on the basics: a straightforward story with little in the way of major C.H.E.A.T.S variants. I also had an incredible amount of fun writing Britney being a prideful goofball, and I think that shows up well in the writing.
- Fixed the Keisuke sprites breaking with sweat drops in his side-profile “D” pose.
- Fixed Britney tauntingly calling Zach “Zach” when it should have been “Zoey” in a few places.
- Fixed the patron passwords system being a little finicky with loading older saves or inputting a password on a save that lacked it.
0.10.4 (05/15/2022) (Current Public):
- Finishing the jogging scene with Keisuke. This is one of 3 (technically 4) exercise scenes with Keisuke. Each exercise has an option to decide Zach’s attitude towards it (either “Eager,” “Reluctant,” or “Lethargic”); the average mood influences Keisuke’s opinion of Zach and potentially Zach’s stamina for sex and a slightly smaller chest size down the road (I’ll have to look more into the complexity of each, but the idea is that being enthusiastic about exercise makes Zach last longer in bed and burns some of his fat away).
- There’s a new succinct code system for C.H.E.A.T.S. variants within text line that should hopefully streamline some of the writing for that.
- Lots of little fixes behind the scenes to Britney’s content, and a few continuity corrections (most importantly, explaining the differences between Zach’s pants when meeting Britney vs going to Keisuke’s dorm room).
- Fixed an annoying bug on Android that made Dance Uprising in the Britney arcade date unresponsive..
- The Zach to Zoey transformation sequence art is finally complete! With 11 unique bases (and to my knowledge, the first first-person view transformation sequence in a visual novel) and two major variants based on the Horniness stat, it’s damned impressive. Also, the art that was already there has been polished up, so everything is stylistically consistent with itself (minus the backgrounds, because the artist for them kinda messed that part up and he wasn’t able to fix them).
- The Keisuke story warps ahead to the next weekend for the jogging scene with Keisuke. There’s about 20 minutes of reading if you go for all the C.H.E.A.T.S. variants; also, I spent way too much time on the animations and lengthy Author’s Notes in this section, so I hope people appreciate them.
- Fixed Zach wearing the female school uniform outfit in some locations in the Keisuke Day 1 scenes. I had changed the outfit for testing purposes and forgot to revert it…
- A few grammar and spelling corrections for the 0.10.2 content, courtesy of Lyra.
- You can now access the art folders previously included in the game on their Dropbox folder by clicking on the “Art” button in the “Extras” menu or finding the URL in the “Artist Credits.txt” file. Yes, the full 4K resolution images of the transformation sequence art are there too.
- Fixed a rollback issue with the Tower Topper aftermath in the Day 2 Britney arcade date.
- The sprite export now properly works on Mac. If you run into an issue with it, make sure your antivirus software is turned off!
v0.10.2 (04/15/2022) (Current Public):
- New writing of Zach presenting a plagiarized project from his mom in the Freshman Engineering seminar.
- The preceding computer lab scene has been edited for better expressions and wording, and Zach’s mom’s plagiarized project has changed from a boring art museum to a cool space rocket.
- There is an option to pay attention to the lengthy PSYC 100 lecture (Day 4 Keisuke after lunch) on the differences between men and women when it comes to sex and attraction while Zach comments to himself on some of the lecture. Given that one of the strong themes of Keisuke’s route is the difference between men and women, I think it fits well, and it should be easy to follow along with despite its academic nature.
- The sprite export now exports with proper transparency and with a resized window (although 1920×1080 export is suggested for the best quality). Thanks to ethylene for the idea that ultimately made this work!
- The “casual_c” outfit on the third day of Keisuke’s route no longer has a messed-up lower arm in the A pose.
- Zoey has a new companion outfit to the current casual_a outfit, which adds the coat from the CG/HCGs from a visual novel that uses a very, very similar outfit and that is the source of the placeholder CGs/HCGs, Zannen na Ane to no Love Comedy.
- The “Art” folder has been removed as it bloated what is already a 1 GB download by over 300 MB. I need time to think about how sharing fan art and distributing it will happen in the future.
Ai is the unreliable and mischievous A.I. that came with Zach’s copy of re: Dreamer. She seems to treat this all as one big game, though it probably is just that for her. Ai appears to have her head in the gutter 24/7 and seems to take great pleasure in teasing Zach. It remains to be seen if Zach can trust her.
Britney is a dorky young-adult blonde white girl and anime/game/cosplay otaku who is quite attractive but abrasive if you can’t keep up with her pace. She and Zach met in high school and bonded over their similar taste in anime and mobage. She is also Zach’s only female friend.
Keisuke is Zach’s childhood friend and neighbor. Despite being opposites, the two have been best friends since they were little kids. He’s an athletic prodigy and social butterfly who gets along well with the ladies, despite being a blunt meathead. Though their personalities have diverged since they were kids, they’ve known each other for a very long time and have a strong bond of trust.
Keywords: Download re:Dreamer Win, Mac.