Kincaid Build 2023.08 by Cookiedraggy, Kincaid is a lewd metroidvania-style platformer with a sci-fi theme game. Our protagonist is an archeologist, exploring uncharted planets and their wild life!
Join our playful and naughty wolf girl Kincaid, as she sexplores flora & fauna and meets new friends (with benefits~) and adversaries!
- Jumping – A
- Attacking – S
- Ducking – Down
- Rolling – ‘D’ or RT on the controller
- Sliding – Ducking + Rolling
- Blaster – Q or B on the controller
This little stinker is definitely a step up from the kobolds. They are fast and dangerous! We are still tweaking these, but keep in mind that you will face these enemies on the second planet where the learning curve has gone up a little bit. You’ll also have more upgrades by the time you meet them.
But for now, we hope you have fun pummeling them and getting your, uh, revenge! ^w~
Kobold City Ruins
We have expanded a great deal on this area! We hope you have as much fun exploring it and finding the secrets as we had building it.
Can you find all the Rift Crystals and discover what this new Rift is all about!?
(HINT: To make it a bit easier, we have hidden more Rift Crystals in the area than you actually need to open the portal! But if you’re up for a challenge, try to find all 18 of them!)
The map screen has been completely recreated from the ground up! It is heavily inspired by the map style of games like Ori and Hollow Knight. We think it makes navigating maps easier, as the shape of the area gives you more information than a bunch of colored squares.
You can also set your own pins now! Click a pin again to cycle through images.
A smaller but interesting change is the way deflected projectiles behave now. We want to expand on this mechanic and make it more fun. Try hitting kobold bombs and other stuff and see what happens! This should make fighting enemies that use projectiles and throwables way more fun and rewarding!
Kincaid Build 2023.03 *Hotfix 1c*
Meet (and Kiss) Tiaki, the Moss Former
Our lovely kobold shaman finally has a name and a more flavorful job description! She’s also very curious about Kinny’s soft fur. Luckily, Kincaid is more than happy to give her a thorough demonstration and Tiaki has some tricks up her sleeve, too!
Explore the Old City Ruins
The first half of a new area has been added. You can access it via the stone mason’s elevator! Compared to the starting area, this section of the game will feature tighter platforming and more challenges.
Some new enemies have appeared in the jungle!
And before anyone asks, these creatures won’t be getting a lewd animation, sorry! ^w~
We know the overhaul took some time, but we hope playing these new sections you’ll find it was the right move for the game. More challenging platforming sections like this wouldn’t have been possible or fun in the old resolution.
Hotfix 1 Released!
(Hopefully) fixed a rare bug that made gallery items lock back up. Please let me know if it happens again!
Kincaid Build 2022.12 *Hotfix 1*
Yay, it was a close one, but we still made it!
A lot of stuff happened IRL that got in the way, but we were determined to get a new build out, or at least the new animation for you guys, and here it is!
I might talk more about our horrible December in an upcoming roundup. For now we just want to release this for you to enjoy and take some rest.
Grab the build here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/kincaid-build-12-76590633
Thank you for your support and as always, we hope you like what we made for you! We wish all of you a wonderful start into the New Year! ^w^
Now let’s talk about what’s in the build
Level-design wise we didn’t get around to making more levels and adding more polish as we had initially planned to. Some things happened IRL that ate more of our time (as I said earlier, may write more on that later, not sure yet, as it is sad and personal). We decided to focus on the animation since it’s about time the game got some more lewds! I even had Null help me with some of the pixel stuff this time so we could finish it on time.
New Animation: Kobold Boss
The biggest piece of content is a new lewd animation with Kincaid and the kobold boss! Yep, the one you can’t fight quite yet in the recent builds. xD If you’re new here, check out Build 2022.07 ( https://www.patreon.com/posts/69384646 ) If you want to fight him! This animation would be the reward for defeating him. Once the level design of the overhaul has caught up to the Temple of Trials we’ll connect everything correctly of course!
New Save System
Null made a new save system which should be way more robust than the previous one. The new build doesn’t make much use of it quite yet, but the foundation is here.
A new movement option has been implemented: Ziplines! You’ll find a few of them throughout the current levels but we’ll make much more use of them in later levels.
- Fixed issue with constantly dying and respawning
- Fixed game crashing sometimes when defeating the wolf
- Fixed a graphical glitch where being on a zipline would display debug information.
v2022.06 & Glitchcaid 2
Beary Good News Everyone!
You can now download and play the newest release of Kincaid! ^w^
Also, I made the last experimental build, Glitchcaid 2, available for all $5 patrons. Please check it out and let me know what you think! Glitchcaid 2 is an overhaul based on our learnings from developing Kincaid. I’ll post more about it down below. But first, let’s look at what’s new in 2022.06!
Bear Enemy Added!
Find him in the spooky forest behind the rift in the tree top palace!
Please note that some of the graphics are still placeholders or unfinished. I wasn’t able to complete all the animation work before my LARP event, but I will get back to work next Monday and the completed sprites will make it into the Quality of Life update we’ll work on next! ^w^
Same goes for all the sound effects! The voice actor has sent us a batch of recordings, but we didn’t get around to processing them and adding them to the game. ^^
How to lewd frenemies!
In this build we’re introducing a new way to have fun with the enemies! We’ve shown this a while back in the “Domcaid” Experimental Build ( https://www.patreon.com/posts/61582560 ) a few months ago.
To trigger a scene, just walk up to the defeated enemy. If there are no other enemies closeby, the game will offer you the option to have some fun!
Do note that the threesome isn’t possible to trigger in this version. We’ll add that back into the game in the Quality of Life update.
Similarly the CGs used to be for game overs. Going forward we’re going to find a new way to integrate them. For now you’re able to enjoy them from the gallery!
I hope you like the changes! Please let us know what you think! ^w^
But wait, there is more!
But this isn’t all we’ve been working on! As we’ve mentioned in our roadmap post ( https://www.patreon.com/posts/66500973 ), Null is currently hard at work on an overhaul featuring a bigger moveset, a higher resolution and some other things.
I’ll just copy and post the release post from earlier. ^w~
Important Note: Control Scheme is at the bottom of the post!
As the previous Glitchcaid, this build is meant to gather feedback on new abilities and movement options we have been working on.
Since none of the actual in-game content is built around these abilities we made a few raw levels and packaged them into their own little mini adventure for you to enjoy! ^w~
The levels in this build aren’t big but they are challenging. We made them a bit harder on purpose so you’re forced to really play with them and not just mess around a little bit.
Rest assured: The difficulty in this build is not reflective of what the desired difficulty in the actual Kincaid game is going to be.
New Abilities & Movement Options
Here’s the list of new abilities that you’ll find in this build:
Ledge Grab – We felt like the basic platformer was missing something. Barely missing a platform and falling down felt bad. We went back and forth on introducing walljumping that works everywhere and other options to help with that. In the end we decided to go with ledge grabbing/climbing. We thought it fits the type of levels we want to build a bit better.
Crawling – Only ducking felt a bit too slow and limiting so we decided to introduce crawling. It won’t be super slow tho, as not to interrupt the smooth flow of running & jumping. Together with the ledge grab it allows for far more interesting level design.
These mechanics only exist in code now, I haven’t done animations for any of them yet, so the footage looks a bit silly. xD
Reintroduced & reworked Hookshot – First introduced in our “Glitchcaid” demo but deemed unusable because of how little of the surrounding area the player can see. But since we’ve increased the resolution of the game it has become a viable option again!
Gliding – Kincaid’s boots can emit a powerful impulse that allows her to double jump. Now she can emit the energy continuously to allow her to glide down gently!
Rail Grinding – Kincaid can now use the forcefield of her boots to grind along rails at high speed! Cookie made the sprites for this over a year ago but like the hookshot, this mechanic also wasn’t feasible in the old resolution.
Reintroduced Downsmash – Another ability that was first introduced in the Glitchcaid demo. It used to be a charged melee attack. We made it easier to launch and brought it back into the overhaul version.
Reworked Dash & Dodge Roll – The dodge roll felt too sluggish compared to the dash. We brought both abilities closer together and made the roll feel more dynamic.
More Platforming Forgiveness – We added more small forgiveness tweaks like allowing Kincaid to jump up a platform if only a few pixels are missing for her to reach it! Nothing huge or groundbreaking, but makes the platforming experience even smoother overall.
Higher Resolution – We also changed the game’s resolution to better support faster movement speeds and more involved platforming.
Send us your Feedback!
How are you liking the new abilities? Please send us your thoughts and notes!
This build is based on the overhaul version I have mentioned in my previous roundup ( https://www.patreon.com/posts/66500973 ) so a few things are broken or not yet finished.
For example, we’ve switched to a new input manager to better support all kinds of controllers. The conversion is not yet complete, so rebinding keys doesn’t work as of yet.
Here’s the default control scheme for playing this build:
Thanks for playing!
Cookie & Null
v2022.03 Hotfix 1
- New Quest added: Water Works! (Includes a full new pixel scene)
- New characters introduced: Kincaid’s sidekick Ai and the evil queen Kaha!
- The first batch of story cutscenes have been added!
- Sounds for “Toy Test-Ride” animation has been added!
- Fixed some bugs in the boss fight.
- By popular demand, the mason Pohaku is also now present in the gallery version of that scene!
- A bunch of minor bugfixes.
Mason Quest Reward!
The quest reward for finishing the mason’s quest for conveniently shaped marble has been added! If you already finished the quest, it should unlock by just talking to him again.
Big Bold Boss Battle!
It’s finally time for another boss battle!
You’ll be able to face the Heavy BOI by going to the obvious boss room in the upper temple area (or start a new game, grab the upgrades you want and use the handy-dandy warp portal).
The boss is going to need some more polish around the cinematics and his tail slam attack effect is still missing, but I am taking a couple of days off and didn’t want to make you wait any longer! ^w^
If your save games get borked you can now start a blank save, grab any upgrades you want from the new start room and use one of the teleporters to get near where you last left off. This won’t fill out the map for you, but at least you don’t have to waste a bunch of time redoing everything.
I hope this quick fix helps with some of the frustration while Null makes a new save game system.
- New content as mentioned above
- Shooting now cancels dodge roll (melee and jumping already did this)
- Various smaller tweaks and fixes
Hi Space Adventurer! ^w^
This build is a bit shorter on both features and new content. Null and I are focusing on finishing up the main story and redesigning the world map right now. Until that is completed we decided to make the next couple of builds smaller, focused on lewd content updates, until the overhaul is ready!
We promise the wait is going to be worth it!
Full new CG set featuring Akamai, the shy kobold!
The story that goes along with it is part of the main story, so it is a bit more in-depth and detailed than the “Game Over” ones. Altogether the story has 3694 words. I hope you have as much fun reading it as we had writing it!
IMPORTANT: You can access the new content by heading to the village and talking to the ‘bold wearing a pink scarf!
Some other things that changed:
- Kincaid’s orgasm voiceline has been added to the gecko animation.
- Added some new environmental sound effects, like flapping flags in the village.
- Wolf can now be challenged as often as you want to.
- The healing animation is a bit snappier.
- Fixed a rare bug that could crash the game.
- Fixed a bug where the air attack would not respect Kincaid’s max falling speed.
- Fixed a bunch of collision bugs that could get Kincaid stuck in certain areas.
- Fixed a bunch of visual bugs.
- Fixed a bug where some “Naughty Villager” scenes would get skipped in the gallery.
Hi Space Adventurer! ^w^
I’m excited to present you with the newest installment of Kincaid!
This one started out as a Quality of Life build, but as life would have it, Null’s coding efforts took a little longer than he had anticipated and we decided to roll it together with a bunch of new content to make one bigger release.
Gecko Game Over CG + Sound Effects
The new CG set contains 8 variations and the story that goes along with it is almost 2800 words long (2798 to be exact)!
I also mentioned earlier that the build would release without sound effects for her, but our sound designer is a super star and he managed to deliver the new sounds way ahead of schedule!
The only thing missing still is Kincaid’s climax – The sound effect got uploaded just as I started uploading the build to Patreon. xD
New Combat System
Another big chunk of work in this build is the new combat system. Null wrote it completely from scratch for a variety of reasons. We also added a bunch of extra polish to combat to make it feel better:
- New punch and splat effects
- New “swooshes”
- Hitting enemies can knock them back
- Defeated enemies get knocked back extra hard instead of just splatting to the floor like before.
Let us know what you think of the changes!
Next Planet Preview
The Glitchcaid Rift in the chambers of the Kobold Queen has reopened! It now leads to a little preview area to showcase some of the art for the next planet we’ve been working on!
There’s also a new song added for this area as well!
Be sure to check it out!
Smaller Quality of Life Changes
In earlier builds of the game, when you hit your head it sent Kincaid flying down, making some jumps unnecessarily difficult.
Now, if you hit your head, Kincaid sticks to the ceiling for just a little bit, before starting to fall.
It’s a subtle change but it makes managing some areas much easier and it just feels nicer.
That’s the biggest changes so far! Be sure to check out the changelog for some minor things as well.
Have fun with the game!
Cookie & Bunny
- Gecko Game Over Scene with 2798 words!
- Gecko sound effects (gameplay & act)!
- New Attack: Upper Cut!
- New Music: Mystic Forest Theme!
- New Area: Mystic Forest Preview Area (Accessible via the Glitchcaid Rift in the Treetop Palace)!
- New punch effects, impact effects and attack swooshes!
- New minor enemy: Will O Wisp!
- Quality of Life addition ‘Head Bump Forgiveness’: When you bump your head on a ceiling at high speeds, Kincaid now sticks to the ceiling for a moment before falling down!
- Completely overhauled the combat system.
- Tigers have been rewritten from scratch. They’re a bit more like relentless fighters now.
- Sneak bush tigers have been removed (for now).
- Flying insects now hurt you on touch.
- The wolf has been moved to the new preview area.
- Aerial forward attack has gotten a nerf.
- You can only attack once per jump, but it resets on double jump.
- Healing now consumes on use and is applied at the climax of the animation. If you get interrupted in between, the healing charge is lost.
- Healing energy pellets circling Kincaid endlessly.
- Wolf has updated attack boxes to be more fair.
- Gecko enemy (including pixel act animation and gallery entry)
- Charger Kobold
- Bomb Lobber Kobold
- Flapper Kobold
- Diver Kobold
- Blaster now gets charged for each melee attack
- Defeated enemies drop energy pellets used for the healing ability
- New enemies have been placed in all areas of the world
- Wolf fight has been made a bit easier to account for the new healing system. The wolf drops healing pellets when he gets attacked during his magic attack phase.
- Attacking a slingshot pellet throws them back at the enemy now, dealing damage. This also works for bombs of lobbers and flappers!
- Sometimes jumping off a ladder would play the jump sounds twice
- Some minor bugfixes
- Sound effects for the tiger
- Sound effects for the flight teacher scene
- Kobolds have been updated to the new design
- Kobold threesome is “juicier”. ^w~
- A game crashing bug with the respawn manager
- Fast vertical movement messing up the parallax scrolling
- Major refactoring of the cutscene system
- Pausing/unpausing during respawning deals extra damage
- A bunch of minor bug fixes
Build 2020-10 Hotfix v2
- Removed watershader and replaced it with a simple animated texture
- Fixed hardlock if you faint after defeating the wolf
- Slimes do not keep their momentum now after you struggle free
- Making-out sound loop added to the gallery for the kobold
- Added a little hint to show players how to proceed when reading the cover letter
- Fixed a place where you’d get stuck in the ceiling if you used dash to move from room to room
- Fixed background covering up the room with the elevators in the temple.
- A bunch of minor bugfixes
6 new sex animations (for Kobold NPCs)
Lots of new player animations
Sunken Temple area (accessible shortly after defeating the wolf)
New water system
Underwater mechanics and hazards
Air attack now has a dedicated animation with a hitbox that reaches above Kincaid’s head, making it easier to hit flying enemies.
Energy system and Glove blaster have been completely redesigned. Energy now works with charges. Healing and shooting require one charge. Blaster does a lot of damage.
Glitchcaid Rift has been removed.
Dash ability can be found in the Sunken Temple area
Metroid-Critter-Crawlies have a more forgiving hitbox
Metroid-Critter-Crawlies can’t be used to get unlimited energy anymore.
drop in AppData\Local\Kincaid_2_3
1. Launch both Kincaid and Cheat Engine (if Cheat Engine asks for CEShare link insert this url: https://fearlessrevolution.com/ceshare/ )
2. Attach Cheat Engine to Kincaid
2.1. Click the button that glows like a “Gamer” RGB
2.2. Select kincaid process (should be at the bottom of the list)
2.3. Click “Open”
3. If you put cheat table into “My Cheat Tables” folder (can be found inside “Documents”) you will be prompted to load it automatically, otherwise open cheat table by pressing Ctrl+O
4. Click the checkbox beside “Enable cheats” (can be found at the top of the table in the bottom half)
To access cheats open related category (click the checkbox)
To enable cheat click the checkbox beside it’s name
All values except position can be edited
Many values require related action to be performed in order for Cheat Engine to catch there address (i.e. hit any enemy to access Max energy value)
Keywords: Download Kincaid Game.