– Added the new sandbox mode in the game. The sandbox mode will be available at the end of day 23. From that point on, you can access it through a new link in the left sidebar menu at any time.
– Added 44 story scenes in the sandbox mode.
Note 1: The sandbox mode has been requested by many players for some time now. The goal is to give players something more to do between updates. However, keep in mind that the sandbox mode is not and will never become the main focus of the game (at least not until the end of the main story). Even so, this mode will have many additions over the course of updates. For now, we only have scenes already present in the story mode (not all of them yet) with the necessary text adaptations and some changes in some events. But the idea is to have many exclusive scenes and characters in this mode.
Note 2: The sandbox mode is not like a sandbox-exclusive game, where there is usually a grind of many stats to advance in events. Instead, I chose to let the player replay events already unlocked in story mode. Think of sandbox mode as a much more interactive gallery, where you can replay whole events and not just the resulting scene from them.
Note 3: Money, stats, items, and cars will be shared between the two modes. However, you will not be able to increase stats in sandbox mode (not without using cheats), but you will be able to earn and spend money and items in sandbox mode. You can make money in some ways, such as betting at the casino on weekends at night, participating in Megan’s show, and working. Unlike the story mode, the amount of money earned will be proportional to how much you worked throughout the week. You can work twice a day on weekdays. Each time you do this, you’ll earn $100. Money earned from work can be collected at the end of the working day. If you don’t collect the money, you won’t lose it, and you can accumulate as many days as you want before collecting it (as long as you don’t leave the sandbox mode – once you leave, non-collected money is gone).
Note 4: Just like in story mode, every Friday you will have to pay the weekly bills. The total to be paid per week is $620. Keep in mind that you will not be able to continue in sandbox mode until you pay the weekly bills. Remember to save money for that.
Note 5: The gallery will not be available in sandbox mode, as too many variables are shared and this could cause bugs. Also, whenever you enter sandbox mode, you will start in front of your house on Monday morning. When you exit sandbox mode (link available only in front of your house), you will return to story mode exactly where you left off before entering sandbox mode.
Note 6: This is just the first version of the sandbox mode and I ask you all to be patient since this may have some bugs (please report all you find). Also, I know there is still a lot to improve and add like new locations, characters’ homes, more events, and much more. Constructive feedback is welcome.
– Added an Autowin button in every fighting minigame after losing the same fight three times. The same mechanic is already present in the dancing and shooting minigames.
Note 1: In the semifinals of the tournament, you can only auto-win the minigame with more than 85% life to unlock Lyia’s scene if you are NOT tired. Otherwise, you will still have the auto-win button, but with life below 85%.
Note 2: In the tournament final, you can only auto-win the minigame and get the car as a prize if you are NOT tired since this fight is not meant to be won if you are tired.
– Added a few missing tooltips reported by players.
– Fixed a few grammar errors reported by players.
– Fixed Adriana’s scene displaying video tearing on some devices.
– Fixed a bug in the casino roulette minigame that was happening when the number 0 was drawn.
Note: I could have easily fixed the bug and still kept the number 0 as drawable. But since many roulette wheels around the world do not use the number 0, I chose to remove it from the minigame, leaving the roulette wheel with 36 possible numbers.
– Changed the beach event with Gina on day 20 so that Erica can show up if you’re using any car available in the car store. Prior to this change, Erica would only show up if you were using the most expensive car. You still need a buyable car and do well on her quiz to be invited to races in the future.
Note: The idea behind this change, as well as the fight tournament prize car in the last update, is to provide players who don’t have access to money cheat a way to participate in Erica’s race events in the future.
– 1 new in-game day.
– 7 new scenes.
– 113 new clips.
– 2 new side characters.
– A new fighting tournament event.
– You can no longer use the back button during fights. There is a warning about this change before each fight and a hint to save your game before joining the fight.
Note 1: The back button is not intended to bypass mechanics as a form of cheating. The back button is there to review some recent text or choose another recent route.
Note 2: Nothing prevents the player from saving during fights. I hope everyone understands the change.
– To counterbalance this change, most of the fights were rebalanced to make it slightly easier.
– From this version onwards, some important corruption and non-corruption routes will be exclusive according to corruption levels. For example, in a specific event in the current version, if you have a certain amount of corruption points, you’ll only be able to choose the corruption route. If you have fewer than needed corruption points, you will only be able to choose the non-corruption route.
Note 1: My goal from the beginning was to make the players not feel like they have a better route to take. Almost every route has both good and bad consequences. Most stat-affecting decisions (including corruption) will continue to be freely chosen. This is necessary to build up stats. But the idea is that some important decisions are stat-exclusive. Until now, the player who invested in the corruption route had a clear advantage because he could choose both the corruption route and the non-corruption route, while the player who invested in the non-corruption route only had the non-corruption route available. This change is to try to balance corruption and non-corruption routes. And this will become more evident in the future.
Note 2: Modified an important Nina event decision from the last version to reflect this change. Your saves won’t be affected, but if you play the event again, you’ll notice that only one route will be available according to your corruption when you choose to approach her.
– Fixed a bug that prevented the game from remembering some player decisions, blocking some options in the gallery after restarting the game. For example, when you get home early on the first day, you get Angela’s full scene as a reward. However, when restarting the game to try other routes, the gallery couldn’t remember this decision, and consequently, the scene was incomplete when trying to revisit it.
Note: Keep in mind that this change will only take effect by restarting the game and revisiting needed events.